Skip to Main Content
As a key partner in the college’s objective to support student success, the goal of the Digital Commons (which will include the Library, Learning Center, Disability Resources, and more) is to
- Provide seamless access to services tailored to a variety of learning styles and resources responsive to the changing cultural, research, and informational needs of our community
- Be the lungs of the college by breathing life into transformative learning experiences that encourages critical inquiry, collaboration, self-reflection, and civic engagement.
- Provide a rich and vibrant college hub with private/alone, private/together, public/alone, and public/together spaces to fill the needs of our learning community.
- Cultivate relationships within our communities through educational and cultural opportunities.
- July 2021
- Prescott Library & Learning Center walkthrough with Deans & Vice Presidents
- Site visit to Apache Junction Library Learning Commons
- Verde Valley Library & Learning Center walkthrough with Deans & Vice Presidents
- August 2021
- Site visit to NAU Cline library
- Site visit to Mesa Library Learning Commons
- September 2021
- ELT selects an architect
- Faculty Library Welcome Back event to solicit feedback
- October 2021
- Library conducts Environmental Scan (space usage evaluation)
- Site visit to Phoenix College Library & Learning Commons
- Planning & design for the Verde Valley Campus
- Jun 2023 - Feb 2024
- Construction on the Digital Commons for the Verde Valley Campus
- Library services will be temporarily relocated to Bldg I, Room 138 during construction.
- Planning & design for the Prescott Campus
- 2024 (Tentative)
- Grand Opening of the Digital Commons on the Verde Valley Campus
- 2024-2025 (Tentative)
- Construction on the Digital Commons for the Prescott Campus